Nations Best® Recipes
Legend says that Central Asian nomads rode the plains with seasoned slabs of beef tied to their saddles. As they traveled, the meat became tender. In Turkey, this popular delicacy is called Pastirma! We like to combine Nations Best® Pastrami with feta cheese and spinach to round out the flavors.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (5 oz) bag baby spinach
- 6 oz thinly-sliced Nations Best® Pastrami, coarsely-chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted for 2 minutes. Drain well in a colander, pressing out any moisture. Combine the spinach with the pastrami, feta, and salt and pepper.
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until it foams. Add the eggs and cook without stirring until the omelet begins to set around the edges, about 10 seconds. Then, using a fork, push the set eggs into the center, letting the uncooked eggs run out to the edges.
- When the omelet is nearly set, after 1 to 2 minutes, spoon half of the spinach mixture over one side. Fold the other side of the omelet over the filling and carefully transfer it to a dinner plate. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.