Nations Best® Recipes
Turkey, Granny Apple & Cranberry Salad
This Nations Best Seasoned Turkey salad takes the classic combination of turkey and cranberry dressing to a new level with the addition of tart Granny Smith apples, sweetly-dried cranberries and crunchy pecans. Now you can have the joy of Thanksgiving, any day! Either prepare your own fresh cranberry dressing, or for conveniently use a pre-packaged option.
- 3 c coarsely shredded Nations Best® Seasoned Turkey Breast
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cut into 1/2nch dice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 coarsely-chopped pecans
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- 2 large lettuce leaves, preferably red leaf lettuce, for serving
- 1/4 1/2 cranberry sauce and/or dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp snipped fresh chives, for optional garnish
- Combine the turkey, apple, celery, pecans, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise.
- To serve, place the lettuce leaves on 2 plates. Spoon the turkey salad into the leaves and drizzle with the cranberry sauce and/or dried cranberries. Sprinkle with optional chives.