Nations Best® Recipes
Spiced Turkey Pilaf with Raisins & Almonds
This Middle-Eastern spiced Nations Best® Rosners Turkey rice salad can be embellished as you like. Try dried cherries and pine nuts instead of golden raisins and almonds!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c coarsely-chopped onion
- 1 c long-grain rice
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cardamom seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 c chicken broth
- 2 c diced Nations Best® Rosners Turkey Breast
- 1/4 c golden raisins
- 1/4 c slivered almonds, toasted
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and spices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the broth has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir the turkey, raisins, and nuts into the rice. Serve hot or at room temperature.