Nations Best® Recipes
Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas
Cheez Whiz is the classic ingredient for Philly Cheese Steaks. You can choose your favorite cheeses, as they will work just as well. Peperoncini (pickled peppers) add zing!
- 3/4 lb Nations Best®Roast Beef, thinly-julienned
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly-sliced
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas (7 1/2nches diameter)
- 1/3 to 1/2 c Cheez Whiz or 1/2 of your favorite cheese, grated
- Peperoncini, for serving
- Slice the roast beef into thin, julienne strips. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft and golden, about 20 minutes. Add the roast beef and cook, stirring to heat through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tortillas on a work surface and scatter evenly with the onions and beef. Use a spoon and a small spatula to dollop the Cheez Whiz or your favorite cheese evenly over the onion and beef mixture. Place a second tortilla over each, and press down with the palm of your hand.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until it is very hot. Use a large spatula to slip a quesadilla into the skillet and cook, pressing down with the spatula and turning once, until the tortilla browns slightly, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Cut the quesadilla into quarters and serve hot with peperoncini on the side.