Nations Best® Recipes
Pastrami Eggs Benedict
Canadian Bacon, you have met your match. Nations Best®Pastrami is a wonderful, smokier, spicier beef alternative. Our Corned Beef works really well too, with a mellower flavor and a perfect balance of garlic and salt.
- Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Salt & freshly-ground white pepper, to taste
- Poached Eggs
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 - 1/4” thick slices Nations Best®First Cut Pastrami, cut in half, crosswise
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Prepare the hollandaise sauce. Vigorously whisk together the egg yolks and lemon juice in a stainless steel bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (or use a double boiler). The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to whisk until the yolks are smooth, and the consistency of heavy cream. Slowly drizzle in the butter, whisking until completely incorporated. Remove the sauce from the hot water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Poach the eggs. Fill a 10-inch skillet half full of water; add vinegar. Bring to a slow boil. Break an egg into a cup, and then slip it into the water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook until the whites are set and the yolks are still soft, 3 1/2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the eggs to paper towels to drain.
- Melt a teaspoon of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the pastrami for 2 minutes per side.
- Lightly butter the English muffins with the remaining butter. Place 2 English muffin halves on each plate. Top each evenly with the pastrami and then a poached egg. Spoon the hollandaise sauce over the eggs. Garnish each with a parsley sprig. Serve immediately.