Nations Best® Recipes
Korean-Style Grilled Tongue Lettuce Wraps
Korean food, especially their flavorful barbecued meats with spicy, pickled vegetables called kimchi, is becoming increasingly popular in the U.S. This easy-to-prepare recipe can be made with your favorite pickled items and other Nations Best® meats, like Pastrami, Brisket, Corned Beef or Turkey.
- Korean Marinade
- 1/2 soy sauce
- 1/4 sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sake (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb thinly-sliced Nations Best® Pickled Beef Tongue
- For Serving
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Pickled vegetables (i.e. kimchi, pickled carrots, cauliflower, radishes)
- Cooked white rice
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the sliced Tongue to the marinade and coat well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- Prepare a hibachi or grill with hot coals.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and grill for about 2 minutes per side.
- To eat, place a slice of the grilled Tongue in a lettuce leaf and top with pickled vegetables. Roll up and eat with your hands. Serve with small bowls of hot rice alongside.