Nations Best® Recipes
"Italian Frittata" of Pastrami, Parmesan and Tomato
Similar to a thick omelet, Nations Best® Pastrami "frittata" can be cut into wedges and served hot or cold. It's a perfect side dish or entree. Try Nations Best® Corned Beef, Brisket or Turkey instead of Pastrami, and fresh chives or dill instead of basil.
- 10 large eggs
- 8 oz Nations Best® Pastrami, coarsely-chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- Preheat the broiler. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the pastrami, tomatoes,1/4 cup of the Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons of the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick, ovenproof skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high; add the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are set for 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top.
- Broil until the top is lightly browned and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Loosen the edges with a rubber spatula and slide the eggs onto a cutting board. Cut into quarters and sprinkle with the remaining basil. Serve.