Nations Best® Recipes
Hot Turkey Tetrazzini Pasta
Luisa Tetrazzini, an early 20th century Italian opera singer, was the inspiration for this creamy turkey pasta. Find your own Nations Best® inspiration by using your favorite choice of pasta from spaghetti to macaroni to penne.
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, plus butter for greasing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 c sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c milk
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cooked pasta
- 1 1/2 shredded Nations Best® Rosners Turkey Breast
- 1/2 grated Swiss cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pinch ground nu®eg
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Lightly butter a 1 1/2uart casserole. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until just tender, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add the milk and broth until smooth and continue stirring over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in the pasta, turkey, half of the cheese, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the basil, nu®eg, and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared casserole and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake for 5 minutes longer. Serve hot sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.