Nations Best® Recipes
Hot & Spicy Pastrami Dip
Bagel chips are a super scooper for this Louisiana-style dip, home of Tabasco. The pecans add a nice, nutty crunch, tying it all together.
- Butter, for greasing
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 Tbsp grated onion
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz thinly-sliced Nations Best® Pastrami, chopped
- 1/2 c finely-chopped green bell pepper
- 2 scallions, including 2 inches of green, thinly-sliced
- 1/3 c chopped toasted pecans
- Lightly butter a 1-quart baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, onion, Tabasco, and salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in pastrami, green pepper, and scallions. Scrape into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through and the edges are bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, or reheat in the microwave.
Makes 3 1/2 cups