Nations Best® Recipes
French Dip in Under Thirty
French Dip is a traditional American sandwich on a French roll that is dipped into its own pan juices. Nations Best®Roast Beef deliciously flavors this broth. This recipe is so simple to make in under thirty minutes.
- 2 cans (each 14.5 oz) beef broth, plus 2 cans of water
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2sp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lb thinly-sliced Nations Best®Roast Beef
- 8 French bread rolls, warmed
- Simmer the broth, water, garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and bay leaf in a large heavy pot for 5 minutes.
- Add the roast beef to the broth and simmer until the meat is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the beef to a dish. Strain the broth.
- Serve the beef on rolls, with a ramekin of the broth (au jus) for dipping.
- Makes 8 sandwiches