Nations Best® Recipes
Curried Turkey with Mango Chutney & Basmati Rice
Indian inspired, this exotic, sweet and savory recipe is colorful and bold. Topped with golden raisins and fresh cilantro, this curried turkey combines mango chutney with crme frache, for the most adventurous eaters.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped mango chutney
- 1/2 crme frache
- 2 c diced Nations Best® Seasoned Turkey Breast
- Cooked basmati rice, for serving
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1/4 golden raisins, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute longer.
- Add the broth and simmer 8 to 10 minutes to reduce the sauce. Stir in the chutney and crme frache and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Do not boil. Add the turkey and heat through.
- Serve over rice sprinkled with chopped cilantro and raisins.