Nations Best® Recipes
Brown Sugar & Orange Marmalade Caramelized Corned Beef
By caramelizing this Nations Best® Corned Beef with a brown sugar and orange marmalade glaze, the juices are sealed in, making the beef especially moist and juicy. This recipe can be prepared a day or two, in advance, for the meat to absorb the taste and aroma of the flavorful cooking liquids.
- 1 Nations Best® First Cut Corned Beef (about 4 lb, raw), trimmed of most fat
- 1/4 c (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 8 red-skinned new potatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Whole-grain mustard, for serving
- Place the corned beef in a large heavy pot. Add cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 3 hours. Turn off heat and let the meat sit in the water, covered, for an additional 30 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a shallow baking dish and cover with 3 cups of the cooking liquid. Reserve the pot with the remaining broth for cooking the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the brown sugar, mustard and marmalade in a small bowl. Brush this mixture over the corned beef. Bake until the glaze has caramelized, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the remaining broth back to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook, until tender, 20 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl. Toss with the butter, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Transfer the meat to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch slices, against the grain. Serve immediately with the potatoes and mustard.