Nations Best® Recipes
Brisket & Blue Cheese Sandwiches
This recipe was inspired by the steakhouse tradition of serving iceberg lettuce with blue cheese alongside a good aged steak. We discovered that Nations Best® Corned Brisket is especially delicious layered with blue cheese and arugula lettuce, with a touch of lemon and olive oil, on fresh bread.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly-sliced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 loaf ciabatta (about 12 inches long), halved lengthwise
- 3/4 c Greek yogurt, drained
- 1/4 crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 c arugula leaves
- 1 lb. thinly-sliced Nations Best® First Cut Corned Beef Brisket
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion slices and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook until the onion is very tender, 15 minutes. Reserve.
- Lightly toast the ciabatta under the broiler. Brush the cut sides of the ciabatta with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, blue cheese, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Slather the blue cheese mixture onto the cut sides of the ciabatta. Top the bottom half of the ciabatta with the arugula and reserved onions. Top with the sliced brisket. Cover with the remaining ciabatta half. Cut crosswise into thin fingers or triangles to serve.