Nations Best® Recipes
Baked Turkey, Broccoli & Blue Cheese
Extra rich and decadent, this Nations Best® Rosners Turkey entre is colorful and packed with flavor. If you prefer using cheddar or another cheese instead of the blue, go for it!
- 1 1/2b broccoli
- 1/4 butter, plus butter for greasing
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 c chicken broth
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 crumbled blue cheese
- 1 c heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 lb shredded Nations Best® Rosners Turkey Breast
- c plus 1 Tbsp freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the broccoli into serving pieces. Cook in boiling water until crisp tender. Drain. Arrange the broccoli in a lightly buttered baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, whisking until
- it browns slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisking constantly, slowly pour in the broth and continue whisking until smooth.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the blue cheese and the cream.
- Spoon half of the sauce over the broccoli and top with the shredded turkey. Stir c of the Parmesan cheese into the remaining sauce and spoon it over the turkey. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes. Can keep warm in a steamer.